This policy was last modified on May 14, 2018.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you sign in with a valid Facebook account. Your basic account information will be collected, which is limited to your name, e- mail address, and phone number.
We collect your valid PayPal™ e-mail address or shipping address whenever you are deemed a winner and submit this information to us to have your prizes delivered.
We collect information when you submit a completed IRS Form W-9 to us for tax purposes. This information will only be stored as a physical record at our corporate office, and will not be stored on any of our servers, websites, applications, services, or tools.
We collect information when you participate as an advertiser. This will include your name, e-mail address, websites, and advertising images and audio tracks.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience. Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our website. We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service. Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To contact winners and deliver prizes.
- To contact you about news such as app updates and new games. You may unsubscribe to this list at any time after receiving the first email, or request to unsubscribe by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To display the names of winners on Winners Lists, found at www.consumerbreak.com/prizes. No personal information will be presented in these Winners Lists aside from your name that you input in your App Menu. If you don’t input a name into the App Menu, then your first and last name that is retrieved from your Facebook account will be used.
- To display the names of players on Leaderboards, found at www.consumerbreak.com/leaderboards. No personal information will be presented in these Leaderboards aside from your name that you input in your App Menu. If you don’t input a name into the App Menu, then your first and last name that is retrieved from your Facebook account will be used.
- To report winnings of over $600 to any user in a calendar year and to send and file an IRS Form 1099 as required by law.
- To be in contact with you if you are a participating advertiser, and to display your chosen content in the game and provide statistics reports.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information. We offer the use of a secure server.
For advertisers, we offer a secure SSL server and all payments are made through the secure servers and infrastructure of PayPal™ or Squarespace™.
Yes (Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service provider's systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information).
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
Winners will have to provide a valid shipping address and/or PayPal™ e-mail address when redeeming prizes in order to receive their prize, as well as submit a completed IRS Form W-9 to receive over $600 in a calendar year. This information will not be sold, traded, or otherwise transferred to any outside parties other than those parties working with us that are directly involved with delivering prizes and filing taxes. These parties will only use your information for the express purpose of delivering you the prize or filing the appropriate tax forms as required by law. We may release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
We do not own, sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties the advertising content that is displayed in the game. This content is only displayed within the ConsumerBreak® advertising platform, after prior authorization from each sponsoring owner.
Third party links
Advertisers may include or offer third party products and/or links in the game on our application. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
Children's Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children's Online Privacy Protection Act); we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products, and services are all available only to people who are at least 18 years old or older.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our User Agreement section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website at http://consumerbreak.com/terms.